ROTARY SERVING THE PRINCETON AREA
Issued its charter by Rotary International in 1942, the Rotary Club of Princeton, New Jersey is a not-for-profit organization of nearly 60 men and women who meet for lunch almost every Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. at the Nassau Club, 6 Mercer Street, Princeton, to enjoy fellowship and a meal, to hear an informative program and to discuss and plan service projects. During its seventy plus year history, the Rotary Club of Princeton has counted among its members many of the Princeton area's most influential business and professional leaders.
The Rotary Club of Princeton has no paid staff and is governed by a Board of Directors elected annually to one-year terms by the general membership. Each Rotary Club year begins July 1st and ends June 30th. According to the club's By-Laws, "Any person residing or working in the territorial limits of this Club, or in the contiguous environs, who is engaged in any worthy and recognized business, occupation, or profession as a proprietor, partner, manager or officer with executive and discretionary authority and who has a reputation for honesty, fairness and personal character, may be elected to Active Membership."
What is the Object of the Club?
The object of the Rotary Club of Princeton is to encourage and foster the ideal of "Service Above Self" as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
SECOND. High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his or her occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
THIRD. The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his or her personal, business and community life;
FOURTH. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.